WKRG.COM is a proud member of Nexstar Media Group, Inc. and the Nexstar Nation.
With 171 television stations in 100 markets, Nexstar Media Group is the largest TV station operator in the country. But we are more than that. We’re also a technology company. Along with a broad range of broadcast opportunities, Nexstar staffs a growing and diversified digital media operation encompassing content management and mobile platforms, content marketing, targeted advertising products and strategic digital design and advertising operations. From newsroom to sales to operations to digital technology, joining Nexstar Nation offers unlimited opportunities for your career endeavors.
We respect our audience, customers, employees and owners. We encourage every individual’s contributions and personal growth. We honor diversity. We foster work environments that provide personal pride through job satisfaction and a balanced life. We embrace the communities in which we operate. We promote open communications, innovation and creativity. We strive for excellence in all our endeavors. We are in the local content business, providing multiple platforms for news, entertainment and successful marketing solutions, enriching each community we serve. Each of our television stations are local service businesses.
With markets ranging from small to major, Nexstar has a place for every experience level. Whether you’re just starting your broadcasting career or ready to make the leap into a larger market, Nexstar offers a broad range of opportunities. And that same market diversity allows Nexstar to give employees room to grow and progress in their careers. As your experience, ability, talent and ambition grows, so too will your options within Nexstar Nation.
We at Nexstar pride ourselves on the opportunities we provide for employees to give back to their communities. On our 20th anniversary in June 2016, we didn’t throw a party. Instead, Nexstar employees fanned out across the country to contribute thousands of hours of community service. It was an employee-driven effort focused on local non-profits and charities. This inaugural “Founders Day of Caring” is just one of the many service opportunities for Nexstar Nation employees.
WKRG Current Job Openings
WKRG-TV News 5, the Nexstar CBS television affiliate in the Mobile/Pensacola DMA, seeks a Multimedia Journalist to join our news team in our Pensacola, FL Bureau to cover Northwest Florida.
The Multimedia Journalist will produce, report, shoot, write, voice, edit, feed, and present content for all media platforms in a manner that is clear, engaging, and meaningful to news consumers.
- Research/gather/analyze information, interviews, and video to produce accurate, complete, in-depth, relevant, and fair news reports for publication (digital & social media) and broadcast
- Ensure that all content produced meets company standards for journalistic integrity, timeliness, and production quality
- Author strong copy with correct grammar, punctuation, editorial style, and formatting to meet the requirements of each digital, social, and on-air distribution platform
- Read on…
WKRG-TV News 5, the Nexstar CBS television affiliate in Mobile/Pensacola, seeks a Director / Technical Director to join our team.
- The Director / Technical Director is a key member of our broadcast / digital team.
- This position leads the planning and execution of live and pre-recorded shows and segments distributed across all platforms including broadcast, digital streaming, and social media.
- Read on…
WKRG-TV News 5, the Nexstar CBS television affiliate in Mobile/Pensacola, seeks a Digital Video Producer to join our news team.
- The Digital Video Producer is a key member of our digital team. This role involves live and edited video production and distribution using various platforms and techniques.
- The DVP also authors and curates accurate, high-performing stories and posts (including elements of text / photos / graphics / etc.), gathers information for news reports, and crafts engaging website pages & other digital products.
- The DVP utilizes metrics and real-time data to maximize hourly audience and build long-term brand loyalty.
- Read on…
The Sales Account Executive generates advertising revenue by calling on established agencies, cold-calling new prospects and convincing potential clients of the merits of television advertising.
- Implements strategies to consistently grow revenue and exceed revenue goals.
- Establishes credible relationships with local business community.
- Makes sales calls on existing and prospective clients.
- Maintains assigned accounts and develops new accounts.
- Prepares and delivers sales presentations to clients.
- Explains to customers how specific types of advertising will help promote their products or services in the most effective way possible.
- Provides clients with information regarding rates for advertising placement in all media.
- Develops advertising schedules with clients and station personnel responsible for placing advertising into station media.
- Works with clients and station personnel to develop advertisements.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Read on…
Are you ready to be a crucial part of our Sales Department’s success story? We’re looking for a dynamic Sales Assistant to help us maximize station revenue and provide exceptional support to our department. If you’re enthusiastic, organized, and ready to take on a wide range of responsibilities, this could be the perfect role for you.
- You’ll be the go-to person for all clerical functions within the Sales Department. From data entry to document preparation, you’ll keep everything running smoothly.
- Stay ahead of the curve by staying informed about the latest traffic policies, practices, and procedures to ensure our operations are top-notch.
- Work with computer systems, ledgers, and purchase orders to accurately input order, traffic, and accounting data.
- Engage with customers and collaborate with colleagues to address inquiries and resolve account-related issues, ensuring exceptional service.
- Help Sales Account Executives manage their schedules, ensuring they’re always on track to seal the deal.
- Play a part in planning special events and station projects.
- Use your skills to prepare forms and generate reports.
- Monitor inventory management closely to ensure we’re always ready to meet customer demands.
- Maintain files and other business records, ensuring our department runs efficiently.
- Tackle any additional tasks assigned with enthusiasm and efficiency.
- Read on…
Intern with WKRG
WKRG-TV News 5 is currently accepting applications for a limited number of Spring 2024 Internships.
Why Intern with WKRG-TV / wkrg.com in Mobile, AL?
- You will learn so much by observing AND DOING.
- You will work with knowledgeable, friendly, generous teammates.
- You will participate with a diverse cohort of students from universities across the USA.
- You will have fun on the job.
- You will have a blast when you’re not working, as our community has many beautiful beaches, other great attractions to see, and activities to enjoy.
- Your internship experience could significantly strengthen you as a candidate for full-time positions upon graduation.
Qualifications for the Spring 2024 Internship:
Internships with WKRG-TV / wkrg.com are HIGHLY SELECTIVE.
All Spring 2024 Internships are IN-PERSON and based at our main broadcast & digital studios in Mobile, Alabama.
All internships are SUPERVISED. The intern’s station supervisor will oversee the intern’s attendance and performance to evaluate, monitor, and assess the intern’s progress and ensure they are receiving the proper education/training.
All internships are UNPAID.
- The program is a great fit for students who aspire to careers in News/Journalism (multi-media journalists, producers, videographers, reporters, anchors, etc.), Weather (on-camera Meteorologists, weather producers), and Production (newscast and live program directors, audio operators, graphics creators & operators, video editors, etc.), and other disciplines.
- It might also be a good fit for students who aspire to careers which interact with editorial professionals or careers in content marketing, public relations, marketing, and promotions.
- Students majoring in fields of study including Journalism, Broadcasting, Digital Content, Meteorology/Atmospheric Sciences, English, Creative Writing, Literature, Pre-Law, Political Science, and Criminal Justice are encouraged to apply.