WKRG.COM is a proud member of Nexstar Media Group, Inc. and the Nexstar Nation.
With 171 television stations in 100 markets, Nexstar Media Group is the largest TV station operator in the country. But we are more than that. We’re also a technology company. Along with a broad range of broadcast opportunities, Nexstar staffs a growing and diversified digital media operation encompassing content management and mobile platforms, content marketing, targeted advertising products and strategic digital design and advertising operations. From newsroom to sales to operations to digital technology, joining Nexstar Nation offers unlimited opportunities for your career endeavors.
We respect our audience, customers, employees and owners. We encourage every individual’s contributions and personal growth. We honor diversity. We foster work environments that provide personal pride through job satisfaction and a balanced life. We embrace the communities in which we operate. We promote open communications, innovation and creativity. We strive for excellence in all our endeavors. We are in the local content business, providing multiple platforms for news, entertainment and successful marketing solutions, enriching each community we serve. Each of our television stations are local service businesses.
With markets ranging from small to major, Nexstar has a place for every experience level. Whether you’re just starting your broadcasting career or ready to make the leap into a larger market, Nexstar offers a broad range of opportunities. And that same market diversity allows Nexstar to give employees room to grow and progress in their careers. As your experience, ability, talent and ambition grows, so too will your options within Nexstar Nation.
We at Nexstar pride ourselves on the opportunities we provide for employees to give back to their communities. On our 20th anniversary in June 2016, we didn’t throw a party. Instead, Nexstar employees fanned out across the country to contribute thousands of hours of community service. It was an employee-driven effort focused on local non-profits and charities. This inaugural “Founders Day of Caring” is just one of the many service opportunities for Nexstar Nation employees.
WKRG Current Job Openings
- WKRG News 5, a dominant Nexstar CBS affiliate located in the beautiful Gulf Coast, seeks a talented Sales Professional to work within an established Sales Department in the Pensacola/Northern FL area. The Sales Professional must be able to meet guidelines to increase sales volume with assigned accounts, aggressively seek new customers for both Television and Digital Advertising, execute plans and strategies set forth by sales management, maintain awareness of the competition, and maintain visibility in the community. The more you sell the more you make. There is no limit!
- WKRG-TV News 5, a dominant Nexstar CBS television affiliate in Mobile, seeks a Digital Producer. The Digital Producer leads the transition from broadcast focused newsrooms to multi-platform newsrooms through active daily example; providing training in methods, processes and tactics; as well as in creating/editing original content beyond that which is produced for on-air.
- WKRG-TV News 5, a dominant Nexstar CBS television affiliate in Mobile, seeks a Promotions Producer. The Promotions Producer will be a highly motivated and creative individual. This position will be responsible for producing effective on-air promotional spots, digital marketing and special projects.
Intern with WKRG
WKRG-TV News 5 is currently accepting applications for a limited number of Spring 2023 Unpaid Internships.
Unpaid Internships with WKRG-TV / wkrg.com are HIGHLY SELECTIVE. Our Summer 2022 Internship Cohort included students from ten different universities across the USA and overseas.
Applications, interviews, and acceptance are conducted on a rolling basis.
Spring 2023 Internship Cohort positions will be filled by qualified candidates on a first come, first serve basis. When available internship slots are filled, the application process will be closed. This may occur BEFORE the deadlines and dates posted below.
The sooner you apply THIS FALL, the sooner you will be interviewed, the sooner you will learn if you have been accepted into the program.
- The program is a great fit for students who aspire to careers in News/Journalism (multi-media journalists, producers, videographers, reporters, anchors, etc.), Weather (on-camera Meteorologists, weather producers), and Production (newscast and live program directors, audio operators, graphics creators & operators, video editors, etc.), and other disciplines.
- It might also be a good fit for students who aspire to careers which interact with editorial professionals or careers in content marketing, public relations, marketing, and promotions.
- Students majoring in fields of study including Journalism, Broadcasting, Digital Content, Meteorology/Atmospheric Sciences, English, Creative Writing, Literature, Pre-Law, Political Science, and Criminal Justice are encouraged to apply.