Mobile, Ala. (WKRG)- We are WEATHER ALERT with numerous severe thunderstorms trailing across the Gulf Coast. We are under an enhanced risk for severe weather which is a level 3/5.
- A TORNADO WATCH is issued for all of the News 5 are until 4:00 PM today
- A WIND ADVISORY is in effect through Saturday evening
- A HIGH SURF WARNING is in effect for coastal areas through Saturday evening
Today we will see sustained winds at 20-30 mph and could see gusts up to 40+ mph throughout the day. Damaging winds is likely and we could see straight line winds up to 70 mph associated with strong thunderstorms. A chance for tornadoes and hail is low.The severe weather will move into the Florida Panhandle after 2 PM. The severe weather threat should end of the News 5 area by 6 PM.
Rain chances will drop for Sunday with a slight temperature drop. Morning lows will fall into the mid 40s with highs in the middle 60s. Don’t put away the umbrellas yet. Rain chances will remain elevated at 40-60% through the first half of next week. We will have to monitor local rivers for possible flooding.
- Is it safe to ride public transit during the pandemic?
- Huntsville Police Citizens Advisory Council hears protest testimonies from public
- Thousands sign petition to remove ‘White Pride’ billboard along Arkansas highway
- More Storms, Still Steamy
- Postponed by pandemic: Only 27% of Americans have taken a vacation during COVID-19