ORANGE BEACH, Ala. (WKRG) — With Hurricane Sally’s landfall still hours away, the storm is churning up violent waters on the coast, as evidenced in a video submitted to WKRG News 5.
In the video, water rolls through a broken private pier on Bayou St. John in Orange Beach. Waters this high are a rare sight in the area, according to the viewer who shared it with WKRG News 5.
“…[We] rarely get any of this…The water is higher than [with] most other hurricanes we’ve been through,” the viewer told WKRG News 5’s Brianna Hollis.
- Pensacola City Council votes no on repealing mask mandate
- Mobile City Council to consider raising councilmember, mayor salaries for first time in 24 years
- President Trump unveils health care plan, signs order protecting preexisting conditions
- Uptick in human trafficking via tractor-trailers, South Texas border authorities say
- Migrant women react to allegations of unwanted hysterectomies from ICE detention center