MOBILE, Ala. (WKRG)- Happy Independence Day Gulf Coast! Those afternoon thunderstorms are starting to fire up. We can anticipate widespread rainfall with a 70% chance of rain. Some areas could receive a significant amount of rainfall.
A stationary front is draping over the south which is causing our atmosphere to be unsettled and moist. All we need in the afternoon is daytime heating to trigger those pop-up thunderstorms. Yesterday we clocked in a few inches of rain in some areas and today we are expecting more widespread coverage with the showers.
The rain chances will peak in the afternoon and right around dinner time it will simmer down to around 40%. Once the sunsets we will have a lingering 20% chance around for showers during the firework shows.
Tomorrow it is a similar set-up with 70% chance of rain with a high of 88 degrees. Next week rain chances will stick around with warmer temperatures in the low 90s.
- Porn plays over bond hearing for alleged Twitter hack mastermind Graham Clark
- Biden no longer coming to Milwaukee to accept presidential nomination
- Two men — one a police officer —overdose on fentanyl mistaken for cocaine
- Childhood cancer survivor set to host virtual lemonade stand fundraiser
- Pensacola Police warn of scammers posing as police, demanding money