Fort Walton Beach, FL
Bay Minette, AL
Grove Hill, AL
Dauphin Island, AL
MOBILE, Ala. (WKRG) – Today will be a transition day for the Gulf Coast. Drier air aloft will start building into the region during the afternoon, but a stray shower or two can’t be completely ruled out. Highs will climb into the lower 80s. Expect a mixture of clouds and sun. Like yesterday, it’s going to be a windy day with areas closer to the coast being included in a wind advisory that runs through the evening. There will be frequent gusts above 30 mph.
A strong ridge of high pressure will build over the Eastern U.S. this weekend. This will result in abundant sunshine, easing winds, and a quick warm-up. Highs will reach the upper 80s and lower 90s Sunday through next Wednesday.
In the tropics, we continue to track a disturbance northeast of Bermuda. This has a high chance of developing into a subtropical system. If it becomes a storm, the first name on the list is Ana. This poses no threat to the United States.
- Beautiful start, classic afternoon summertime thunderstorms
- Cluster of storms moving south through our area, some strong storms possible
- Filtered Sunshine, A Few Strong Thunderstorms Possible
- Weather Aware: A few strong thunderstorms possible this afternoon
- A few weekend thunderstorms could become strong