Fort Walton Beach, FL
Bay Minette, AL
Grove Hill, AL
Dauphin Island, AL
MOBILE, Ala. (WKRG) – The high pressure that has helped bring us normal summertime weather will loosen its grip. This will mean there will be a slight uptick in rain chances as we round out the work week. Storms again will favor the midday and afternoon hours while mornings will be warm and muggy with the potential for some patchy fog. Highs will reach the upper 80s to near 90 with heat index values over 100 degrees.
Rain chances look to drop slightly by the weekend with highs soaring into the lower 90s. A surge in moisture will lead to significant rain chances returning to the forecast through the early half of next week.
The tropics are mostly quiet. The only disturbance is in the northwestern Atlantic and has a low chance of developing. It is not a concern for the Gulf.
- Dangerous Heat: Excessive Heat Warning in Effect across the Gulf Coast
- HEAT WAVE: Dangerous heat expected for the Gulf Coast Friday and Saturday
- Dangerous Heat this afternoon, Heat Advisory in Effect
- Vacationing couple struck by lightning in front of their children in Florida
- Heat Advisory in Effect through the rest of the week