Fort Walton Beach, FL
Bay Minette, AL
Grove Hill, AL
Dauphin Island, AL
MOBILE, Ala. (WKRG) – Over the last day or two we have been between deep tropical moisture in Texas and Louisiana and much drier air over the southeast.
For our area, while the bulk of the rough weather will be to our west, we’ll still see scattered showers and a few storms today. A strong storm can’t be completely ruled out in the southwestern half of our area, but the risk is very low. Temperatures will warm close to seasonal levels today with highs in the low to mid-80s. There will remain a slim rain chance through tonight as lows fall back to the mid and upper 60s.
A strong ridge of high pressure aloft will lead to even drier and air and even warmer temperatures for the second half of the week. No rain is expected after Thursday. Highs will continue to warm with mid-80s by Friday. Temperatures will continue to climb possibly reach 90 by the end of the weekend.
- Tips to keep your home cool during a heat wave
- Tropical Storm Warnings in Effect for Coastal Alabama and Mississippi
- Sunshine today, Heavy rain expected this weekend
- Locations offering sandbags along Mississippi coast
- Last day of sunshine, Heavy rain and gusty conditions expected with tropical system