Fort Walton Beach, FL
Bay Minette, AL
Grove Hill, AL
Dauphin Island, AL
MOBILE, Ala. (WKRG) –
It’s more of the same as we round out the work-week. Mornings will start off muggy with a little bit of patchy fog. Scattered showers and thunderstorms will develop from mid-morning through the afternoon hours. Like yesterday, rain chances will run higher the farther north you travel in our area. Temperatures will remain seasonably warm with high humidity. Highs will climb into the upper 80s and lower 90s. Heat index values could reach the lower triple-digits today and tomorrow.
Moisture will get a boost for the weekend leading to a few more daily thunderstorms. Highs will stay warm topping off near 90 with morning lows in the 70s.
At the beach there’s a moderate to high risk for rip currents today so we’ll see either yellow or red flags flying. If flags are red stay out of the water.
In the tropics, no development is expected over the next 5 days.
- Tips to keep your home cool during a heat wave
- Tropical Storm Warnings in Effect for Coastal Alabama and Mississippi
- Sunshine today, Heavy rain expected this weekend
- Locations offering sandbags along Mississippi coast
- Last day of sunshine, Heavy rain and gusty conditions expected with tropical system