Fort Walton Beach, FL
Bay Minette, AL
Grove Hill, AL
Dauphin Island, AL
MOBILE, Ala. (WKRG) – More heat, more humidity, but we get more rain today.
The difference today compared to previous days this week will be that there is more rain to go around. A little more than two thirds of the area will find a shower or thunderstorm today. One or two of the storms that do form today could be strong or briefly severe with gusty winds, heavy downpours, and frequent lightning. The best chance for rain will be this afternoon. Storms will begin to fade this evening. Not everyone will see wet weather today, however, some spots may receive a couple of rounds so keep the rain gear handy just in case.
With more widespread rain and cloud cover, temperatures will not be as hot with highs near 90 for most spots. There is not a heat advisory in place for today, but if rain doesn’t find you, the heat index will still be above 100 so stay cool.
Thursday looks to be unsettled as well with half the area getting a shower or thunderstorm. After that we go back to our typical summertime pattern for your weekend and start of next week. That is highs in the low to mid 90s, lows near 75, and about a 30-40% rain chance each day.
The tropics are quiet and are expected to stay that way for at least the next 5 days.
- Woman charged with shooting at husband at Huntsville hotel
- Black Friday looks different in Mobile this year
- Venezuela judge convicts 6 American oil execs, orders prison
- Justin Timberlake donates new wheelchair accessible van for Tennessee teen
- UPDATE: 19-year-old shot and killed at Bennett Pointe Apartments on Old Pascagoula Road