BREWTON, Ala. (WKRG) – Strong storms caused a lot of damage in Escambia County, Alabama Wednesday morning. It happened just before 8 a.m. in Brewton. Areas near downtown were affected after a line of storms pushed through. Homes had blue tarps on the roofs and power lines were scattered across the roads.
Power lines were knocked down, but crews are already on scene working to restore power to the affected areas, we’re told.
Belleville Avenue, Evergreen Avenue and Woodrow Street were some of the main areas impacted by the storm.
Power crews worked to repair lines while more crews removed trees and debris from roads. Luckily no injuries were reported.
- Faith Time: Rediscovering community after Sally
- Patriots look to rebound as they host 2-0 Raiders
- Foley flash mob Sunday to thank linemen
- College football bringing a sense of normalcy to downtown Mobile
- ‘She is the female Scalia’: Lawmakers react to President Trump picking Amy Coney Barrett to replace RBG