SPANISH FORT, Ala. (WKRG) — The causeway closed after 7 p.m. Wednesday night as water began to rise. Hurricane Zeta is expected to bring higher water levels to Mobile Bay.
Point Clear, Fairhope, Daphne and Spanish Fort are all warning residents to stay away from low-lying areas. Baldwin County Sheriff Huey “Hoss” Mack also urges drivers to stay off the roads from 8 p.m. Wednesday night until 5 a.m. Thursday morning.
Storm surge could be as high as 3-6ft along Mobile Bay.
Power outages have been reported already across parts of Baldwin County.
- Newsfeed Now: US COVID-19 cases top 14M; Justin Timberlake helps family in need
- MFRD: One woman extracted from crash at Duval and Michigan
- Walmart announces 4th round of cash bonuses for employees
- Former football coach Lou Holtz to receive Presidential Medal of Freedom
- Animal bites, seriously injures person at Carole Baskin’s Big Cat Rescue in Tampa