LAS VEGAS (CNN Newsource) – People out West wear cowboy hats all the time. But pigeons?
Las Vegas residents spotted two of the birds around town in tiny cowboy hats this week.
It’s not clear who provided the birds with their headwear, but it’s certainly attracting a lot of attention with video of the oddity going viral on social media.
While the mystery appears cute and funny, some are wondering if it may involve animal cruelty especially if the jaunty hats are glued on.
Others are concerned that the hats could attract predators or inhibit the pigeons’ ability to fly.
An animal rescue group in Las Vegas says it’s trying to track down the pigeons to remove the hats.
One thing is for sure these birds have a lot of people talking.
- Kirby: White House working to gain access to detained Wall Street Journal reporter
- US condemns Russia’s detention of Wall Street Journal reporter
- Alabama man killed in Louisiana car crash
- Smiles Behind the Shield: Keeping students safe while putting smiles on their faces
- Former Alabama police officer indicted for capital murder in shooting death of pregnant girlfriend