MOBILE, Ala. (WKRG) — Facebook feature Off-Facebook Activity tracks what apps you’re using when not on Facebook.
The very popular social media app Facebook is tracking what you buy, where you go, and what apps you use on your phone when not using the Facebook app.
The company says the Off-Facebook activity is a tool other businesses and organizations use to share with Facebook when customers use their apps or websites. To read more about it, click here.
To turn off the feature:
- Go into your Facebook settings
- Scroll down to the ‘Your Facebook Information’ in which you should find ‘Off-Facebook Activity.’
- Once you are in ‘Off-Facebook Activity’ start by clearing your history.
- Proceed to ‘Manage Future Activity’ by clicking on the ellipses in the top right corner.
- Turn off ‘Future Off-Facebook Activity.’
- ECSO: Man charged with 19 counts of child pornography after K-9 sniffs out hidden laptop
- Mystery mass logout has Facebook users wondering why
- Jake Peavy, Mobile native and MLB All-Star celebrates life and legacy of Hank Aaron
- ASMS closing campus after first COVID-19 positive case
- Health and community leaders work to ease fears about vaccine in NW Florida