MOBILE, Ala. (WKRG) — Alabama Gov. Kay Ivey spoke to WKRG News 5 about Hurricane Sally preparations Tuesday afternoon.
Ivey is urging citizens to listen to local officials and take action if need be.
Ivey said she has talked to some local officials, and they told her some people refused to evacuate. Her response to that: “You can’t cure stupid.”
“It is going to be a deadly threat, and people need to take notice and take appropriate actions to prevent some real tragedy happening to them and their family,” Ivey said.
Watch the full interview above.
- Pensacola City Council votes no on repealing mask mandate
- Mobile City Council to consider raising councilmember, mayor salaries for first time in 24 years
- President Trump unveils health care plan, signs order protecting preexisting conditions
- Uptick in human trafficking via tractor-trailers, South Texas border authorities say
- Migrant women react to allegations of unwanted hysterectomies from ICE detention center