MONTGOMERY, Ala. (WIAT) — On Wednesday, Gov. Kay Ivey will attend the Sweet Grown Alabama Kickoff, where she will proclaim ‘Sweet Grown Alabama Day.’
Joining her will be Alabama Department of Agriculture and Industries Commissioner Rick Pate, ALFA President Jimmy Parnell, among others.
A farmers market will be open from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. along Bainbridge Street in Montgomery.
Montgomery Mayor Steven Reed also delivered remarks during the ceremony.
- More than 38,000 pounds of ground beef recalled
- Southwest scaling back on cleanings after flights
- Video allegedly showing Spanish Fort mayor slapping magistrate released
- Vendors limited at 80th Sturgis rally, but hundreds of thousands still headed to the Black Hills
- Lightning bolt damages Florida patrol vehicle with deputy inside