BERN, Switzerland (CBS Newspath)–The Easter holidays are likely to be somber this year, as millions of people are expected to stay in confinement, to contain the spread of the coronavirus.
A bakery in Bern is taking a page out of the safety measures playbook and have dressed up their chocolate Easter bunnies with protective masks.
Easter Sunday, which ends the Lenten season, will be celebrated by Catholics on April 12.
Switzerland, where 103 people have died of the virus and 9,765 are infected, has implemented strict lockdown measures and tightened entry restrictions from neighbouring countries in the Schengen free-movement area as it sought to tame the outbreak.
Swiss authorities also introduced temporary curbs on the export of protective medical equipment to head off a shortage among medical workers.
- Here are the winning numbers for the Powerball jackpot worth $640 million
- Murder investigation underway after man found shot dead behind Alabama church
- MCHD: Nearly 950 vaccinated in county’s first COVID-19 vaccination event
- Cold tonight, warm and dry trend ahead
- Teen returns home after Christmas Eve heart transplant