CHESAPEAKE BAY (CBS Newspath)–Maeve Kennedy Townsend McKean and her eight-year-old son Gideon went missing Thursday afternoon around 4:30. They were last seen in a canoe off Chesapeake Bay. A search is underway and state and local officials will continue to search through the weekend. The canoe was found Thursday night a few miles from where they were first spotted. According to the Maryland Natural Resources Police, the two may have been paddling out after a ball and got caught in a strong current. Kennedy Townsend McKean is the granddaughter of Robert F. Kennedy.
- Santa Rosa County eligible for additional FEMA Public Assistance
- SBA opens Business Recovery Center in Alabama for businesses affected by Hurricane Sally
- New $60 million luxury apartment complex to be built near Navy Federal campus
- Big Game Bound Week 4: Titans vs. Steelers postponed
- ‘Not all wounds are visible’: Dog helps veteran cope with PTSD