CHESAPEAKE BAY (CBS Newspath)–Maeve Kennedy Townsend McKean and her eight-year-old son Gideon went missing Thursday afternoon around 4:30. They were last seen in a canoe off Chesapeake Bay. A search is underway and state and local officials will continue to search through the weekend. The canoe was found Thursday night a few miles from where they were first spotted. According to the Maryland Natural Resources Police, the two may have been paddling out after a ball and got caught in a strong current. Kennedy Townsend McKean is the granddaughter of Robert F. Kennedy.
- Fla. governor declares state of emergency after Colonial Pipeline shutdown
- Mobile Fire-Rescue confirms shooting at Linx apartments Tuesday night
- Deputies say Florida woman stuffed cellphones, drugs into her underwear in prison smuggling scheme
- Lightning strike blows out wall in Fort Walton Beach home
- OCSO reminding residents, visitors to NOT drink and boat