PENSACOLA, Fla. (WKRG) — Pensacon has announced its newest celebrity guest attending the convention next month.
Pensacon announced on Facebook Friday “Godzilla vs. Kong” star Kaylee Hottle will be one of many celebrity guests to make an appearance.
A portion of “Godzilla vs. Kong,” the No. 1 movie in the world as of Friday, takes place in a fictional version of Pensacola.
“Her scene-stealing performance as Jia, the young girl who shares a special bond and can communicate with Kong, in Godzilla vs. Kong is her first film role,” the Pensacon post reads.
The post adds: “Born in Georgia, Kaylee Hottle comes from an all-Deaf family, spanning four generations of Deaf relatives on her father’s side.
Her native fluency in American Sign Language has provided her with opportunities to perform in commercials such as the Glide app public service announcement and “Mother’s Day” for Convo Relay.
She also appeared in “10 Deaf Children: One Powerful Message” directed by Sheena McFeely and produced by ASL Nook in 2018.”
Pensacon will take place at the Pensacola Bay Center May 21-23.
- City of Mobile: Manufacturing delays, microchip shortage impacts curbside trash collection
- Police searching for boat thief in Pensacola
- Mother shot in the face while trying to save 9-year-old son during deadly shooting released from hospital
- Newsfeed Now: CDC investigating woman’s death after Johnson & Johnson vaccine; lobster escapes dinner plate to living museum
- WKRG News 5 wins two regional Edward R. Murrow Awards