HOUSTON, Tex. (CBS Newspath)–5-year-old Simone Bartee went to a protest in Houston, TX with her parents after the death of George Floyd. Her dad said an officer saw his daughter crying and came over Tuesday. On Twitter, Simone’s dad posted that she asked the officer: “Are you gonna shoot us?” WATCH as the officer comforts and reassures the little girl.
- Alabama COVID-19 hospitalizations rise by 400 over 2 weeks
- Mobile City Council to hold special meeting on MPD policies, procedures
- Officer told George Floyd: ‘It takes … a lot of oxygen to talk’
- United Airlines warns employees of potential furloughs
- ‘Strike for Black Lives’ to highlight racism