BAY MINETTE, Ala. (WKRG) – Unedited press release:
On February 12, 2020, Jose Perez pleaded guilty in Judge Stankoski’s courtroom to one count of Sexual Abuse of a Child Less than Twelve. Perez will serve 15 years in the Alabama Department of Corrections. In addition to his sentencing, he must comply with all sex offender registration guidelines upon release with the Alabama Sex Offender Registration & Notification Act. Perez will also face possible deportation upon release because he is not a legal citizen of the United States.
This case was investigated by Corporal Justin Correa with the Baldwin County Sheriff’s Office and the Department of Human Resources. The case was prosecuted by Assistant District Attorney Kristi Hagood. Forensic interviews and other services for the victim have been provided by the Baldwin County Child Advocacy Center. The District Attorney’s Office would like to thank everyone for all the hard work that was put into this case.
- WKRG News 5 Investigates: University of South Alabama professors under scrutiny after “racially insensitive” photos resurface
- 9-year-old dead after car accident in Okaloosa County
- Spanish Fort Advances to 6A Boys Championship game.
- Man arrested after shooting at Mudbugs bar
- Bodies of father, two sons found in Benton County, investigation ongoing