Los Angeles-area landmarks lit up in purple and gold – the L.A. Lakers’ colors – on Sunday night, to honor former NBA player Kobe Bryant. Some locations like the Ferris wheel on the Santa Monica Pier and the Wilshire Grand Center, L.A.’s tallest building, also displayed Bryant’s jersey numbers. Bryant, who died in a helicopter crash on Sunday, spent his 20-year-long career playing for the Lakers.
- More than 10,000 people have been arrested in protests
- Drew Brees apologizes for flag comments: ‘We all need to listen’
- Newsfeed Now: Protests across America morning update – June 4, 2020
- Moving from outrage to creativity: Oklahoma musicians,producers write songs to fight racial injustice
- Arkansas man delivers donuts to officers during protests