EL POPO VOLCANO, Mexico (CBS Newspath)–Mexican experts conducted a flyover of the mighty Popocatepetl Volcano on Saturday (June 13) to take a peak inside its smoldering crater.
Experts frequently monitor the fiery giant to gain insight into the intensity and timing of its eruptions.
Popocatepetl is 5,426 metres (17,802 feet) tall and is the second-highest mountain in Mexico and the fifth-highest in North America.
El Popo, as it is affectionately known locally, is one of Mexico’s most active volcanos.
- Orange Beach mayor upset visitors can get vaccines before residents
- Arts and Crafts Fest set to make 2021 comeback, with COVID modifications
- Man facing 13 counts of child pornography in Escambia County, Fla.
- Mobile Police remain on alert following Inauguration
- Avril Haines confirmed as Director of National Intelligence by Senate