Florida Republican Senator Rick Scott says he has tested positive for coronavirus. CNN reported Friday morning about Scott’s test, adding to the number of lawmakers who have contracted the virus.
“After several negative tests, I learned I was positive this morning,” he said in a statement. “I am feeling good and experiencing very mild symptoms. I will be working from home in Naples until it is safe for me to return to Washington, D.C.”
CNN reported Scott, who is the chairman of the Senate Republicans’ campaign arm, had campaigned last week with Republican Sens. David Perdue and Kelly Loeffler who are both facing January runoff races for reelection in Georgia.
According to the CNN report, Scott contracted the virus from someone in Naples after returning home from his Georgia trip.
- City of Saraland cancels Christmas Parade
- ‘This will be my first Christmas as an official mom:’ Families hope to encourage others across the Gulf Coast to adopt a child
- Border Democrats vow to hold Biden accountable on his pledge to not build ‘another foot of wall’
- It’s not December yet, but Elf on the Shelf 2020 is already very different
- Mobile native, former NFL player Darius Philon holds turkey giveaway