Florida Republican Senator Rick Scott says he has tested positive for coronavirus. CNN reported Friday morning about Scott’s test, adding to the number of lawmakers who have contracted the virus.
“After several negative tests, I learned I was positive this morning,” he said in a statement. “I am feeling good and experiencing very mild symptoms. I will be working from home in Naples until it is safe for me to return to Washington, D.C.”
CNN reported Scott, who is the chairman of the Senate Republicans’ campaign arm, had campaigned last week with Republican Sens. David Perdue and Kelly Loeffler who are both facing January runoff races for reelection in Georgia.
According to the CNN report, Scott contracted the virus from someone in Naples after returning home from his Georgia trip.
- More than 300 universities across the US requiring students to receive COVID-19 vaccine
- Carnival Sensation welcomed into its new home in the Port City, cruises could resume as early as July
- Two arrested in Citronelle after search warrant leads to discovery of ecstasy, narcotics
- Montgomery father to face capital murder charges in death of infant son
- Sunny Skies and Low Humidity