BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) — No charges will be filed in a Birmingham teen’s August shooting death, as it has been ruled justifiable.
Calvin Deonte Vance, 18, was fatally shot in Wylam on Aug. 19. Birmingham Police responded that night to Gulfport Street to investigate a shot spotter call, and located Vance, who was unresponsive, on the edge of the roadway.
Vance was pronounced dead on the scene that night by the Jefferson County coroner and Birmingham Fire and Rescue.
According to investigators, it was determined from interviews with people involved in the incident that Vance had attempted to rob the shooter.
- The Latest: Klopp welcomes ‘massive lift’ for reunited squad
- Bobby Joe Morrow, 3-time winner in 1956 Olympics, dies at 84
- Trump postpones G7 meeting, seeks expansion of members
- Locals take back tourist-free Waikiki during pandemic
- False claim targets wife of officer charged in Floyd’s death