JEFFERSON COUNTY, Ala. (WIAT) — The Jefferson County Sheriff’s Office is investigating the shooting death of an 11-year-old boy on a hunting trip.
According to JCSO, the boy was killed while he and his father and two other hunters were hunting turkeys Friday morning in the 9100 block Cedar Mountain Road.
Medical personnel responded to the scene but were unable to revive him.
A family friend has organized a GoFundMe account for the family Troy Ellis, according to the account. He is the 11-year-old accidentally killed while hunting. All proceeds received will be given to the Ellis family in order to cover any financial costs. So far, the GoFundMe has raised over $30,000.
No other information has been released at this time. Stay with CBS 42 as this is an ongoing story.
- Spring Sport Shout Out: Tyler Bell
- Spotty showers possible tonight, Higher rain chances for Tuesday and Wednesday
- Accident at Government and Stocking streets in midtown Mobile
- Loved ones of missing swimmers ‘praying for a miracle’
- Mississippi authorities looking for vehicle involved in 20-mile road rage incident that left one man dead