GAUTIER, Ms. (WKRG) — Two people were killed early Wednesday morning in a crash on I-10 in Jackson County, MS, officials confirm.
A Nissan pickup truck carrying five people ran off the road and struck a tree around 2:!0 a.m. near mile marker 60 in Gautier.
One passenger in the vehicle was pronounced dead at the scene. The driver of the vehicle was airlifted and died at the hospital. The three remaining passengers were rushed to the hospital by ambulance.
Original article (5 am): A serious crash on I-10 eastbound is causing major delays.
A medical helicopter responding to the crash landed on the interstate Wednesday morning between exit 57 and exit 61.
Watch WKRG News 5 This Morning for First Alert Traffic updates from Amanda Devoe.
- BIKER DAD: Rep. Matt Gaetz’s communication director injured in motorcycle crash
- Second stimulus checks: Major hurdles remain as election aid deadline nears
- Newsfeed Now: Trump campaigns in PA; Changes to Thursday’s presidential debate
- Reese’s tricked-out Halloween door dispenses hands-free treats
- US Justice Department to file antitrust lawsuit against Google: source