BOLIVAR PENINSULA, Tex. (CNN/KPRC) — Rocks from the Gulf of Mexico were pushed onto Highway 87 in Bolivar Peninsula of Texas blocking the roadway for drivers. It’s another visual example of how strong Hurricane Laura is.
Laura made landfall near Cameron, Louisiana early Thursday morning with winds of more than 150 miles per hour. It’s only 1 of 10 storms to ever make landfall with those kinds of winds.
- Former ‘Disney on Ice’ skater recovering after random stabbing in Indiana
- 5-year-old collects 44 law enforcement patches for birthday cape
- Tracking the Tropics: Hurricane Zeta reaches Category 2 strength as it gets closer to Gulf Coast landfall
- It’s a hoax: Facebook post offers free Chick-fil-A gift basket
- Rep. Byrne introduces bill to protect the gulf’s underwater forest