VINTON, La. (WKRG) — As Hurricane Laura blows farther north, crews are able to get out on the roads and see some of the damage. Meteorologist David Yeomans is in Vinton Louisiana where he saw a damaged gas station.
Laura is the strongest storm to ever hit this part of the Gulf Coast. It made landfall about 1 AM near Cameron, Louisiana with winds of more than 150 mph. Part of the roof of the gas station was ripped off and leaning on the gas pumps. Yeomans says there is debris everywhere and extensive damage to all the businesses in the area.
- Electronic ballot machines tested in Mobile County ahead of Election Day
- TONIGHT: Watch ‘The Big Bang Theory’ on the GCCW & Win BIG for Tommy Tuesdays!
- Naked man rescued from under Shalimar Bridge
- BBB says 80% of online shoppers have been scammed in 2020
- Kimber Arms moves corporate headquarters from New York to Alabama