HATTIESBURG, Miss. (WHLT) – Mississippi Power announced it would activate its storm center on Monday, August 24, at 5:00 a.m. ahead of Hurricane Marco.
The storm center allows company leadership to all be in one location to help lead the restoration efforts after the storm. Leaders said they will follow CDC guidelines when it comes to social distancing.
Mississippi Power requested 600 additional resources from Alabama Power, Georgia Power and contract crews to help with the restoration efforts. North division crews from Mississippi Power, like Laurel and Meridian, to help with the efforts.
- Motorcycle memorial must go, Texas family fights HOA after loved-one’s death
- Practice Report: Three Saints Questionable for Divisional Round
- People camp out for Mobile County Health Department COVID-19 vaccine
- Ramczyk details ‘pride’ Saints take in run game
- Federal judge refuses to release man wearing horns and face paint from custody after Capitol riot