Lake Charles Mayor Nic Hunter says there’s one message for people in the state’s 5th most populus city ahead of hurricane Laura’s landfall: “Get out of Lake Charles. Get out of Calcasieu Parish.”
A mandatory evacuation is underway in Calcasieu Parish, which includes Lake Charles, Westlake, Sulphur, Vinton, Iowa and Moss Bluff.
Mayor Hunter spoke more on the parish’s evacuation order, live on NBC Local33 Today.
For more information on storm prep resources in Calcasieu Parish, click here.
- Judge holds ruling on youthful offender status for accused Ladd-Peebles mass shooter
- Citronelle High School teacher charged with sexual contact with student
- The Peaches are stealing bases and stealing hearts in Mobile
- Washington DC one step closer to becoming a state as House passes bill
- MPD asking for help finding missing endangered man