Update: The victim in the shooting tells News Five that Atkins shot her because she would not have sex with him. Kizzie Owens says she was at Atkins’ house early this morning talking when he tried to take advantage of her. She says when she refused to have sex with him, he got violent and shot her in the leg.
“I was scared to death,” Owens said. “I thought when I was leaving or taking off, he was going to shoot me again,” Owens said.
Owens says after she was shot, she built up the strength to go back home and call police. Atkins was arrested soon after.
PENSACOLA, Fla. (WKRG) — UPDATE 10:34 AM: Pensacola Police say Anthony Atkins, 49, of Pensacola, has been charged with aggravated battery.
Officers with the Pensacola Police Department are investigating after a woman was shot in the leg. It happened on North L Street. We know that the victim’s injuries are not life-threatening and a suspect is in custody. No other information has been released.
- Hurricane Sally victims thank utility workers with the “Electric Slide”
- Pensacola Humane Society to host pet food giveaway
- GALLERY: Spotlight on Saints for Sunday Night Football
- Bikers raise money for grieving family
- Police: fight over parking spaces leads to 1 dead, 2 injured in NE Birmingham