MOBILE, Ala. (WKRG) — The 2020 Our City Our Future telethon has raised more than $70,000 dollars for the Boys & Girls Clubs of South Alabama.
Austal pledged to match every dollar donated for the first $20,000. The goal for 2020 was to raise $50,000. People were able to donate by calling 833-998-2582 or going online to the Donation Page.
The money donated will be used in the form of supporting re-opening efforts of local clubs, provide virtual mentoring for kids/teens, give more training for staff, and purchasing supplies for the kids/teens.
Donations can still be made online at bgcsouthal.org/telethon.
Information about Boys & Girls Clubs of South Alabama:
Over the last 63 years, the Boys & Girls Clubs of South Alabama has grown to now sixteen locations, serving 5,000+ boys and girls ages 6 to 18 in five stand-alone Clubs, seven school-based sites, three summer-only programs and a 150-acre campground.
For more information about Boys and Girls Clubs of South Alabama, click here.
- Who will Biden pick? Democratic lawmakers weigh in on possible VP picks
- 101 Tijuana churches to reopen Aug. 15 with COVID-19 safety measures in place, bishop says
- Alabama included in multistate salmonella outbreak linked to onions
- USA issues stadium seating update, will only be at 25% capacity
- Doctors Without Borders: Fewer migrants heading north seeking asylum