(AP) A winter storm is coating parts of Texas, Louisiana and Mississippi with snow on Sunday and into Monday morning.
The National Weather Service in Houston says as many as 6 inches of snow fell across southern parts of the state on Sunday. Anywhere from 2 to 4 inches of snow was forecast into Monday for parts of Louisiana and Mississippi.
Authorities have asked residents to stay off the roads if possible. More than two dozen government offices in Louisiana are expected to be closed Monday. Some school districts in Mississippi planned to be closed, delayed or scheduled for virtual learning only.
(Copyright 2021 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed without permission.)
- Firefighters respond to early morning house fire
- SpaceX launches 3rd crew in under year, fly on reused rocket
- US drop in vaccine demand has some places turning down doses
- Austal founder says Mobile operation will produce half steel, half aluminum ships
- Turtle crashes through windshield, hits passenger in head; both OK