UPDATE: Wind Creek properties in Alabama to voluntarily remain closed until March 30th.
Yesterday, Wind Creek announced that it would voluntarily close its Alabama based properties for one day in order to pursue an intensive deep cleaning in anticipation of reopening tomorrow. Upon further consideration of the events occurring during these unprecedented times facing our communities and Country, Wind Creek will voluntarily extend the closure of its Alabama properties until March 30, 2020.
WETUMPKA, Ala. (WKRG) – Wind Creek will close all of its properties Sunday at 6 a.m. for a 24 hour deep cleaning after a visitor who stayed at Wind Creek Resort in Wetumpka last month tested positive for the novel coronavirus. All properties will reopen Monday at 6 a.m and will follow the “social distancing” practice.
LATEST CORONAVIRUS STORIES:
- Get Prepared for the Season with the 2020 News 5 Hurricane Resource Guide
- Fire officials in Mobile on scene of possible on Esplanade Ave.
- VIDEO: Massive police presence on Airport at I-65
- Shots fired near Walmart and Lowe’s on Beltline in Mobile
- Second day of protests turn violent in Las Vegas, police arrest 103 people, 11 officers injured