UPDATE (8:00 pm) The City of Mobile tells News 5 that repairs to Halls Mill Road because of a sinkhole are taking longer than expected.
A city spokesperson says a water main beneath the street caused the washout and that the pipes are quote- “crumbled”. Halls Mill between Ruth Street and Dauphin Island Parkway will remain closed until sometime Thursday. Watch for the detour signs.
UPDATE (9:00 a.m.): The City of Mobile tweeted out Wednesday morning that city crews are on site repairing the sinkhole that formed on Halls Mill Road. The repair should be completed by the end of the day.
MOBILE, Ala. (WKRG) — A water main burst late Tuesday night on Halls Mill Road, between Ruth Street and Dauphin Island Parkway.
The burst created a sinkhole in the street. The hole was reported just before 11 p.m.
Mobile Police have closed the portion of Halls Mill Road and are asking people to avoid the area.
- Warm afternoon, Unsettled week ahead
- LIVE: Trump to speak at CPAC in first post-White House appearance
- Greater Huntsville Humane Society adding sanctuary for cats with leukemia and immunodeficiency
- Pet hospice services help manage pain, anxiety and tough decisions in final days
- Why you should stop waiting to sell your home