UPDATE (8:00 pm) The City of Mobile tells News 5 that repairs to Halls Mill Road because of a sinkhole are taking longer than expected.
A city spokesperson says a water main beneath the street caused the washout and that the pipes are quote- “crumbled”. Halls Mill between Ruth Street and Dauphin Island Parkway will remain closed until sometime Thursday. Watch for the detour signs.
UPDATE (9:00 a.m.): The City of Mobile tweeted out Wednesday morning that city crews are on site repairing the sinkhole that formed on Halls Mill Road. The repair should be completed by the end of the day.
MOBILE, Ala. (WKRG) — A water main burst late Tuesday night on Halls Mill Road, between Ruth Street and Dauphin Island Parkway.
The burst created a sinkhole in the street. The hole was reported just before 11 p.m.
Mobile Police have closed the portion of Halls Mill Road and are asking people to avoid the area.
- Chester Army veteran says he was fired for refusing to remove BLM mask: ‘There’s nothing political about it’
- Yuengling’s Hershey Chocolate Beer to be released in multiple states
- MCSO Crime Map: Mobile Police respond to shooting on Summerville Street
- Santa Rosa County eligible for additional FEMA Public Assistance
- SBA opens Business Recovery Center in Alabama for businesses affected by Hurricane Sally