UPDATE 4:00 AM 1/4/20: A post by Chickasaw’s Fire Department confirms it was one of their trucks that was hit by another vehicle while first responders were trying to help at an accident scene on I-65 Friday.
The Post says: “Please use caution when driving. Our truck was struck on the interstate while police and fire were working another accident.”
ORIGINAL STORY: CHICKASAW, Ala. (WKRG) — Video shows an accident involving a fire truck and a pickup truck. The video shows the accident happened just before exit 10 on I-65.
Mobile Traffic tweeted at 10:06 PM saying , “Accident involving a fire truck I-65 SB near W Lee St.” Also on Twitter, News 5 was tagged in a video by Kelly Finley showing the accident scene. Her tweet, at 10:04 PM, was posted just a couple of minutes before the one by Mobile Traffic. Her tweet says an ambulance was on the way. At this time, there is no word on if there are any injuries.
- The Great Wild Goose Chase of 2020 comes to an end
- Blue Wahoos Stadium press box dedicated to John Appleyard
- Three arrested by FBI for drug-involved premises
- Baldwin Co. man found guilty of Manslaughter and Domestic Violence
- 14-year-old boy with Asperger’s syndrome beaten to death in Tennessee