MCKINNEY, Texas (WKRG) — In just their 4th year of playing football, the University of West Florida has won the Division II National Football Championship! The Argos defeated Minnesota State today in McKinney, Texas.
UWF made it to 2017 National Title game but came up short. Today, they scored in their opening possession and built a 21-point lead in the 3rd quarter. The Argos held off a 4th quarter comeback from the Mavericks and held on to win 48 to 40. The Argos end the year 13-2 and National Champions of Division ll. Argos quarterback Austin Reed threw 6 touchdown passes in the victory.
- BBB: Data privacy day is Thursday, January 28
- I-10 widening project on Wednesday agenda for Eastern Shore MPO
- Down payment tax credit: Biden housing plans include help for first-time buyers
- Jacksonville State University renames Bibb Graves Hall
- Wind damage in Fultondale suggests storm was an EF-2 tornado, NWS says