JACKSON COUNTY, Miss. (WKRG) — The Mississippi Highway Patrol reports two people died in an early morning crash on I-10.
State troopers say the crash happened at 2:10 a.m. on I-10 at mile marker 60.
They believe the pick-up truck went off the roadway before slamming into a tree, with five people inside.
One passenger died at the scene.
The driver was airlifted to the hospital, but later died.
The other passengers were all taken to the hospital for treatment.
The Highway Patrol is currently looking into what caused the crash.
- Tropical Storm Zeta forecast to intensify into hurricane as it enters Gulf
- Police searching for missing Indiana children who may be in Montgomery area
- Patchy fog, partly cloudy afternoon
- Faith Time: the pandemic’s impact on casual churchgoers
- ALEA issues alert for missing children last seen in Alabama