UPDATE 11:34 AM 1/05/2021 — Unedited Release from Mobile Police Department
On Monday, January 4, 2021 at approximately 9:13 p.m., police responded to Government Boulevard at Dauphin Island Parkway in reference to a traffic accident with injuries involving a train. Upon arrival, officers determined that the driver was traveling westbound on Government Boulevard and attempted to cross the train tracks at Dauphin Island Parkway. According to witnesses, several cars crossed the tracks to outrun the train and this driver attempted to do the same. Her vehicle was struck by the train and pushed approximately 150 feet down the tracks. The woman complained of chest pain and was transported to the hospital. Alabama Port Authority responded and conducted the investigation.
MOBILE, Ala. (WKRG) — A vehicle was struck by a train at Government Street and Dauphin Island Parkway just after 9 p.m. Monday.
No one was injured. Police say the driver is a 24-year-old woman.
The woman was traveling west on Government Street and the train was going about 10 miles per hour.
- Now you can put Bernie Sanders anywhere, thanks to NYU student’s website
- Japan PM determined to hold Olympics, will cooperate with Tokyo and IOC
- California researchers developing wearable COVID-19 test strip
- ‘America needs to lead the way’: Democrats pleased with Biden’s first day in office, Republicans frustrated
- ‘Thankful to God’: New Orleans woman who was imprisoned at 19 receives presidential pardon