BAGHDAD (AP) – Iraq’s military says it’s opening an investigation into the latest rocket attack against coalition forces in Iraq. The coalition said Thursday that the attack hours earlier killed three servicemen, including two Americans. It struck Camp Taji, an Iraqi base 17 miles north of Baghdad that houses coalition troops. At least 12 coalition personnel have been injured. A truck rigged with rocket launchers was discovered by Iraqi security forces a few miles from the base after the attack. Escalated tensions between the United States and Iran in recent months were set in motion by a rocket attack in December on an Iraqi base, which killed a U.S. contractor.
- Fort Benning soldier charged with reckless murder after girlfriend’s five-year-old run over
- List: Cyber Monday 2020 gift card freebies
- Man caught on camera pistol whipping someone turns himself into police
- Second stimulus checks: New bipartisan effort to pass COVID relief
- Sheriff to announce new information in “Baby Jane Doe” death case nearly 4 decades old