BAGHDAD (AP) – Iraq’s military says it’s opening an investigation into the latest rocket attack against coalition forces in Iraq. The coalition said Thursday that the attack hours earlier killed three servicemen, including two Americans. It struck Camp Taji, an Iraqi base 17 miles north of Baghdad that houses coalition troops. At least 12 coalition personnel have been injured. A truck rigged with rocket launchers was discovered by Iraqi security forces a few miles from the base after the attack. Escalated tensions between the United States and Iran in recent months were set in motion by a rocket attack in December on an Iraqi base, which killed a U.S. contractor.
- Protests continue at Graffiti Bridge in Pensacola
- UPDATE: Hundreds gather in Richmond for second night of protests
- Deputy shot in Florida, at least one other person shot
- Teen discharged from hospital after COVID-19 recovery, reunites with family
- Witness records rioting in Cleveland from feet away