Ten nurses have been suspended from their jobs at a Santa Monica, California, hospital after refusing to care for COVID-19 patients without being provided protective N95 face masks. One of those nurses, Mike Gulick, says the decision was heart-wrenching but after a colleague tested positive for the infection he felt he had to take a stand. Other nurses Tuesday protested what they said was inadequate personal protective equipment at a hospital in Fresno, California, where 10 nurses have tested positive for the new coronavirus, which causes COVID-19.
- Mauritius races to contain oil spill, protect coastline
- Storm floods Greek island, leaves 7 dead, including a baby
- VIDEO: Orange Beach looks more like ‘Green Beach’ right now. Here’s why
- OCSO investigating after pedestrian hit and run in Destin
- Delta bans 100 passengers from taking flights, adds them to a “no-fly” list for refusing to wear masks