DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. (AP) – A “suspicious package” flagged during the screening process at Florida’s Daytona Beach International Airport led to the early-morning evacuation of passengers from the terminal.
Airport officials said in a Twitter post Tuesday morning that the bag has since been cleared and normal operations will resume soon.
The Volusia County Sheriff’s Office posted a statement online saying that the airport was evacuated around 6:15 a.m. It says more information will be shared as it becomes available.
Sheriff’s spokesman Andrew Gant said in an email that he’s not sure how many people were evacuated. Many stood on sideways outside after being ordered to leave the terminal.
No additional details were available.
DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. (AP) – Authorities in Florida are evacuating the Daytona Beach International Airport, leaving dozens of passengers standing on the sidewalk outside.
The Volusia County Sheriff’s Office posted a statement online saying that the airport was being evacuated due to a suspicious package reported at about 6:15 a.m. It says more information will be shared as it becomes available.
No further details were immediately available. A message left with the sheriff’s spokesman by The Associated Press wasn’t immediately returned.
- Here are the winning numbers for the Powerball jackpot worth $640 million
- Murder investigation underway after man found shot dead behind Alabama church
- MCHD: Nearly 950 vaccinated in county’s first COVID-19 vaccination event
- Cold tonight, warm and dry trend ahead
- Teen returns home after Christmas Eve heart transplant