UPDATE (3:06 p.m. 5/ 19/20): Deputies say the one-month old’s death was due to overlaying in the bed, or co-sleeping. The case will be turned over to the DA for review.
UPDATE (10:24 am) — Deputies confirm that a one-month-old girl died. Six people and two children were living inside the home at the time.
BCSO says the child will be sent to Mobile for an autopsy but no criminal activity or foul play is expected in the investigation.
UPDATE (10:00 am) — Deputies with the Baldwin County Sheriff’s Office say they were called around 7:30 this morning. The child was less than a year old. Family members say they woke up and the baby had died.
FOLEY, Ala. (WKRG) — Sources have confirmed that deputies are investigating a child death in Foley. News 5 is on the scene and gathering more information.
- Industrial fire in Mobile, propane tank explodes
- Eagle Scout project helps Mobile City Animal Shelter
- BIKER DAD: Family needs van for child badly injured in motorcycle crash
- 75 years later celebrating VJ Day
- US says no bailout for Lebanon, calls for change