SHELBY COUNTY, Ala. (WIAT) — Shelby County Sheriff’s Office is investigating an incident that left one person dead and a sheriff’s deputy injured.
Around 5:35 p.m., Shelby County 911 received a call of a domestic disturbance in the 1400 block of Mooney Road in the Columbiana area of Shelby County
Deputies arrived on scene just befor 6 p.m., and during the initial investigation, one of the deputies suffered potentially life-threatening injuries, the sheriff’s office reports. The deputy was flown to a Birmingham area hospital for treatment.
Deputies discharged their duty weapons during their response, and a female died during the event.
As is normal procedure, the Sheriff’s Office has requested the Shelby County Major Crimes Task Force conduct an investigation into the case.
Check back for updates as this is a developing story.
- Widow of La. congressman-elect qualifies to run for the seat her husband won
- QB Guru Tom House explains Brees’ longevity in NFL
- BIKER DAD: Florida man accused of drunk motorcycle crash into cop car
- Now you can put Bernie Sanders anywhere, thanks to NYU student’s website
- Japan PM determined to hold Olympics, will cooperate with Tokyo and IOC