LEE COUNTY, Ala. (WIAT) — According to a District Court of Lee County document, the second suspect in Aniah Blanchard’s abduction and death, Antwon “Squirmy” Fisher, will appear in court for a hearing December 4.
Fisher has been charged with first-degree kidnapping. In this first hearing, the court will determine whether Fisher understands the charges placed against him.
Also in the hearing, the court will decide whether bail will be set for Fisher. The court found that releasing Fisher would not assure his appearance at trial and that he “poses a risk of danger to public.” As a result, he will continue to be held without bond.
Because of his felony charge, Fisher will also make an appearance Dec. 18.
Monday, the first suspect arrested, Ibraheem Yazeed, was charged with capital murder in Blanchard’s shooting death. He remains in the Lee County jail without bond.
- At 35, Felix makes a comeback and lands her 5th Olympics
- Florida woman discovers nearly $1 billion in her bank account
- Petition to stop Amazon founder Jeff Bezos from returning to Earth after space trip nears 40,000 signatures
- It’s here — the best deals of Prime Day 2021
- Newborn’s face cut during emergency C-section, requires 13 stitches