SEATTLE (AP) – Police say one person has been wounded in the second shooting in Seattle’s protest zone in less than 48 hours. The shooting happened late Sunday night in the area near Seattle’s downtown known as CHOP, for “Capitol Hill Occupied Protest.” Police tweeted that one person was at a hospital with a gunshot wound. A hospital spokesperson says that the person was in serious condition. A pre-dawn shooting Saturday had left a 19-year-old man dead and another person critically injured. No arrests in that shooting had been made as of Sunday. Further details weren’t immediately available.
- ‘Staggering’ taxpayer fraud sent millions in jobless funds to California inmates
- Warmer days ahead with higher rain chances, Big chill looming
- $100B year propels Elon Musk past Bill Gates to become the world’s second wealthiest person
- Sunbeam recalls 940,000 crock-pots ahead of Thanksgiving due to burn risk
- Waterfront Rescue Mission to feed those in need on Thanksgiving