A second U.S. company is poised to begin a small safety test of a vaccine against the new coronavirus. Inovio Pharmaceuticals said Monday that it has Food and Drug Administration permission for the study in 40 healthy volunteers in Philadelphia and Kansas City, Missouri. Last month, another vaccine candidate became the first to begin safety studies in people in Seattle. These studies are a first step toward larger research needed to prove if the shots will protect against COVID-19. Even if the research goes well, a vaccine isn’t expected to be widely available for over a year.
- Spring Sport Shout Out: Josiah Harry
- The Latest in Sen. Jeff Sessions, Tommy Tuberville US Senate race
- Perdido Vineyards the first winery to open in Alabama since prohibition
- A humid night ahead, Rain chances rising for the middle of the week
- Family of woman allegedly shot by her boyfriend speak out