SARALAND, Ala. (WKRG) — The Saraland Board of Education sent a memo to families impacted by flooding along Bayou Sara.
The statement, posted to Facebook on Wednesday, talks about accommodations being made to help students impacted by flooding.
It says, “Students who attend Saraland Elementary, Saraland Middle, and Saraland High School may walk home with written parental permission after being dropped off in the afternoon, if a note is provided to the bus driver. This required note must be signed by the parent and state their child has permission to walk home. We will relieve this mandate upon water receding to safe levels. No exceptions will be made.”
- Newsfeed Now: Interview with President Trump; Good Samaritan pulls driver from fiery crash
- Rabies alert issued for Santa Rosa County after fox tests positive
- FBI investigating reported assault on Black man in Indiana
- Gulf Coast Hot Air Balloon Festival canceled due to COVID-19 concerns
- CAREN Act: San Francisco ordinance would charge Karens who call 911 over racial bias