BAGHDAD (AP) – Staff at the U.S. Embassy in Baghdad say at least one member of the embassy’s personnel was injured in a rocket attack the previous day. The two staff members did not specify the injured person’s nationality or the severity of their wounds, but said the rocket had slammed into a restaurant inside the embassy compound. They spoke on condition of anonymity Monday because they were not authorized to brief the media. The U.S. Embassy is in the Iraqi capital’s Green Zone, and has been a flashpoint amid wider regional tensions between the U.S. and Iran. A violent overnight crackdown by Iraqi security forces also killed one protester in the south.
- Summer-ish feel today before thunderstorms tomorrow
- Florida man breaks a Georgia fishing record a few miles south of Columbus
- 5 questions we have ahead of Thursday’s final Trump-Biden debate
- Mark your calendar: Daylight saving (and extra sleep) just days away
- Watch: Police bust massive house party in Ohio