JACKSON COUNTY, Miss. (WKRG) — UPDATE (8:11 p.m.): According to WLOX, officials have determined there was no downed helicopter in the Pascagoula River.
The Jackson County Emergency Operations Center said the cause of the blaze north of Interstate 10 was a marsh fire.
According to WLOX, a helicopter has gone down in the Pascagoula River in Jackson County, Miss.
Details are limited, but at this time the Jackson County Sheriff’s Office and Emergency Operations Center are gathering as many rescue boats to respond to the scene north of Interstate 10. The exact location is unknown.
- Michigan teen who bathed in Wendy’s sink tells story
- Joy of Life, Floral Parade, Knights of Mobile 2020 parades
- Woman believes cold case suspect abducted her in 1989
- 2 people arrested and charged in connection with the disappearance of 15-month-old from Tennessee
- Huntsville-area parents indicted in starvation death of 3-year-old boy